Do you want to feel the adrenaline rush from riding a vehicle that accelerates from 0 to 60 mph in just below five seconds? Well you can choose from buying a ticket to ride Space X or you can ride a jet ski.
If you are interested in riding a jet ski Myrtle Beach and you’re a first timer, then there are a few things you need to know. The beginner’s guide provided below can help.
Tips For Riding A Jet Ski
If you’re new to the sport, then you should start out with these 10 helpful tips before riding a jet ski rental. Here are the basic jet ski riding tips you need to know.
- You have to know your boat-ed. In some states, you have to pass a boating safety course first before you can drive a jet ski and other personal watercraft.
- Climb on the jet ski and find the most comfortable sitting position.
- Put your hands on the bars and place your feet in the footrest.
- Before you turn on your water bike, you should have a lanyard around your wrist where the key in the ignition is attached. This is a setup is referred to as the kills witch cord. In short, if you fall off the jet ski, then it’ll be switched off because you’ve got the key with you.
- Switch on the ignition switch of the jet ski rental.
- Push the throttle in slowly. You can cruise around at around 10 mph offshore until you become comfortable to the throttle’s sensitivity.
- Once you’ve cruised to a spot that’s on a safer spot from the shore, past the heavy boat traffic and past obstacles, you can increase your speed. But you should always remain at a comfortable speed.
- Keep this steady and slow speed. Don’t forget to lean your water bike toward the direction where you can to turn.
- Don’t forget that jet skis require acceleration to turn in most cases. Keep the load centered and balanced so you can avoid capsizing.
- A lot of newbie jet ski riders want to stand up while riding a jet ski, but don’t be tempted to do this unless you’re already an intermediate or expert jet ski rider.
Make sure you know and understand the safety rules that govern the waters in Myrtle Beach. Also, don’t be overconfident when riding a jet ski because it can easily lead to mistakes
Keep It Straight
If you’re a first time jet ski Myrtle Beach rider, you’re most likely unable to keep the jet ski straight. Fortunately, there’s something you can do about that. Instead of staring at the waters or the handlebars, lift your head up and look far away. This will greatly help you correct your driving.
Call Action Water Sportz now if you are interested in riding a jet ski rental during your Myrtle Beach vacation.
Action Water Sportz Barefoot Landing
2051 Bridge View Ct
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582
Action Water Sportz Little River
4430 Kingsport Road
Little River SC 29566